Sunday, June 04, 2006

They canceled my radio show!

Diddlbikers morning commute is a 40 minute trip over Rt 80 and Rt 287. Listening to a decent radio station makes the trip feel shorter. Living in the NYC are means that there is a good selection of radio stations available. Adding a few reasonable constraints (decent music, English language, traffic information) cuts the list pretty short. The one I stuck with was KTU. I really liked the morning show with DJ's Goumba Johnny and Balthazar.
So, surprisingly, they weren't there on thursday morning. Just another DJ, presenting his records as if he always did. Co-hosts Speedy and Cindy where acting like it was the most normal thing in the world as well. Mmmh. Both hosts sick at the same time?
Friday, same story. Now I start to do some researching, but apart from learning that Goumba Johnny (real name John Sialiano) did six months of jail time early 2000 for tax evasion, at first I learn nothing. Then I find out that they fired the hosts of a succesful morning show to replace them with Whoopi Goldberg. Hopefully they'll move to another station. As for KTU - I don't think their morning show will survive this. Grr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always wondered what happened to my morning radio hosts. I remember the last time I heard them on ktu; it was the last day of work before I took my maternity leave. I miss them, mornings aren't right without my boyz!