Friday, March 31, 2006

Diddlbiker makes a wishlist

One can never be too early (except with getting up for work), so Diddlbiker decided to make a wishlist. It came into my mind when I was walking to my car after the photography class, together with one of the other students. He told me how is Canon G5 was a great camera, but absolutely sucked if you wanted pictures with bokeh. Actually, he said it differently, but the end result was the same. He then went on to tell me how he's thinking about upgrading to a Canon 5D - which is where I told him to get a cheaper body (a 20D, for instance) and spend the difference on lenses - after all, one can never have too many lenses.
I then went on to ramble about that I only needed this one lens, and then maybe another one, and another, and...

So I thought about a little wishlist of things I still want in my camera bag:
  • Bean bag. Works good as an improvised stablizer, and I need something to fill up my sling bag - right now my camera shifts around in the bag sometimes.
  • Macro lens. No clue what to do with it, but I want it anyway.
  • Wide angle lens. Haven't done research, but I'd prefer something like a 12-24mm lens. Minolta's 17-35 mm is quite good, but I'd like to have a wider angle than 17mm.
  • A 500mm reflector lens. Just because I think reflector lenses are cool!
  • Larger memory card. Preferably 2 GB. Never hurts to have one. Or two.
  • Image tank - or something similar.
  • A high quality tripod. Bogen/Manfrotto or Gitzo.
Somehow I have a feeling that the beanbag is the most likely one I'm going to get...

No comments: