Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bike New York

Diddlbiker hasn't posted in a very long time, and feels very bad about that. I do have some valid excuses (or not?). Business trips and family time ate up most of my time available to blog. Of course, 'no time' is not a valid excuse, you can always make time. Let's just say that I made time for things that I deemed more important...
Anyway, today was the Five Borough tour, a bike tour trough the five boroughs of New York: Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island. To be honest, the ride is mainly Manhatten, Queens and Brooklyn - both the Bronx and Staten Island are 'enter and then leave via the shortest way' kind of adventures. Later this week I'll post some pictures of the event.
Traditionally we finished the event with a dinner at Carmine's. It still amazes me - we had appetizers, four different entrees, icecream and coffee and a large amount of wine - all for $33 per person (including a generous tip).
And no, I didn't get weighted this week - traffic was so back on the way back from my son's karate class that I missed weight watchers - but I did watch what I ate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Diddlbiker, show me the pics of the cycling tour! How many miles was it? Five (or three) boroughs? Must be quite a distance and a lot of bridges, or am I that wrong?

Hans Vos