Sunday, April 02, 2006

First Ride of the Season!

Today was the first ride of the season. It was good to see almost everybody showing up for the ride, including two Road Dawgz who showed up for the eight o'clock ride but forgot about daylight savings time...
Working out at lunch really seems to work - I was able to make it all the way from Elmwood Park to Tenafly on my big ring. Not that I plan on doing that regularly, but it's good to know that I'm strong enough at the beginning of the season to do something that I wasn't able to do at the end of the season in previous years! Just a few pounds more, and a little bit more strength, and I can punish everbody at will. Mario and Charlie were happy with the shape that I'm in and are already looking forward to get the paceline exercise going again. Will we be able to do a 30mph paceline this year?

No comments: