Thursday, April 06, 2006

A plus from the teacher!


The first assignment of the photography class was a bit of a disappointment, none of my photos were picked for display. And I really thought that at least some of them weren't so bad.
So, this weeks result came as a big surprise to me - all my pictures were chosen and were highlighted! And that while I was thinking that, yes, the pictures were nice (at least, I was happy with them, but I had never done any night shots before), but I didn't think they were that nice.
Two things were helping though: that I already had a whole bunch of experimental pictures that were fitting the assignment. And apparently, a lot of my class mates have a hard time with shutter time and aperture. Which makes me think that it should be mandatory for photography classes to use a completely manual camera first - nothing forces you better than that to learn about the effect of the different settings.

No comments: