Friday, April 14, 2006

Some observations on Route 287

Today was a day off, but Diddlbiker has enough projects going on to drive him nuts, so today was a good day to sneak into the office and do some work. However, I'm not crazy enough to get up at 6 in the morning. Being on Rt 287 at 9:30 taught me some interesting similarities between the 7:00 rush hour crowd and the 9:30 late bunch. See how they agree on a lot of things:





9:00 late bunch7:00 Rush hour crowd
65 mph? Wrong speed!That's 10 mph over the maximum speed!Tailgaiting, Highbeams
20 ft is wrong following distanceYou'll need at least two seconds of spaceHey, there's room for my car!
Let's cut somebody off, here's my exit!Whoops! Almost missed it! I can still make it... sorry buddy!There's my exit, but let me overtake those two cars before slamming the brakes


Lesson learned: yes, you'll avoid the rush hour madness when you drive later. It's just replaced by other madness.

No comments: